During last week's faculty meetings, adjunct instructor Cathy Kennedy mentioned she uses PhraseExpress on a regular basis to streamline her student communications and grading processes. I wanted to take this opportunity to expand on Cathy's great tips by sharing this resource with you directly.
What is PhraseExpress? PhraseExpress is a resource that "eliminates repetitive typing and manages frequently used text snippets in customizable categories" (download.cnet.com/PhraseExpress). And some of its key features as articulated on its website are:
- Organize frequently used text snippets.
- Expand abbreviations as you type.
- Launch programs with text shortcuts.
- Auto-complete repetitive phrases.
- Quick access to the Windows Clipboard History.
- Correct spelling mistakes in any application.
- Multiple clipboard phrase capabilities.
- Free download and usability.
- Works with any application, meaning it works in Blackboard and in Excel depending on the grading approach you use.
And to view a full video tutorial on what the many features are, please click here.
Check out this resource and let me know what you think!
Online Instructional Specialist